Volunteer for Mile 6!
Posted Jun 14, 2018
Music lover? Check.
Fun and energetic? Check.
If you can “check” all of those boxes, we’ve got our eyes on YOU to become a volunteer for Mile 6 (Mile of Music 2018)! Our sign-up page is officially open, and you can register to volunteer for Mile 6 HERE!
In just two months, 200 artists will be in Downtown Appleton to play 900 sets spanning across 70 venues over four whole days (August 2-5)! We can’t believe another Mile of Music is coming up so quickly.
Before you sign up to volunteer, we have a few pieces of new information and some ‘housekeeping’ updates we’d like to share!
NEW FOR 2018:
- Country Financial has hopped on the bandwagon to help us up our volunteer game for 2018! Thanks to their support, you’ll receive a quality volunteer t-shirt (we know you love them!), a special volunteer identification badge to be worn during your shift, a post-festival concert exclusive to volunteers AND more perks to be announced! Thank you to Country Financial for supporting the music (and volunteer) movement at Mile of Music.
- Due to reported issues in 2017, drinking alcohol is not tolerated during Mile of Music volunteer shifts. Shifts have been shortened to accommodate this.
- We will now be holding an online volunteer orientation via Facebook Live in addition to our in-person orientation! This will allow you to ask questions online, view an archived video after the orientation and more!
- We have also created a Facebook group exclusively for volunteers! Click here to apply to join! We will not accept your request until you have signed up to volunteer.
- The in-person volunteer orientation will be held on July 24 from 6:30-7:30 p.m. at the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley. All volunteer orientations (in-person and online) will include Q&A time, information from the Appleton Police Department, and more! These are not mandatory, but encouraged, especially for new volunteers!
- Thanks to great feedback from our volunteers, most shifts have been shortened to 3-4 hours in length!
- You must register by Friday, June 29 to guarantee a t-shirt in your preferred size!
Spread the word! Encourage your family, friends and colleagues to sign up and volunteer with you! If you’re interested in a particular position/shift, we recommend signing up ASAP! Once a shift is filled, it will disappear.
CLICK HERE to review the Mile 6 volunteer role descriptions to see what interests you and review the available shifts. Once you’re ready to sign up, you’ll need to do the following:
- CLICK HERE to begin registration!
- Select your preferred shift
- Jobs can be filtered here by the following: job, location, date and calendar. Want to change the way you see it? Check the navigation tool in the upper right-hand corner.
- You are only able to register for yourself. If you are looking to register with another person, look for shifts with “2+” spots available, and register using the appropriate name, email address and t-shirt size.
- Check off which shift(s) and job(s) you are interested in & fill out the required registration information
- PLEASE NOTE: In the right-hand section for each shift, you’ll notice the number of spots that are open. If a specific shift is closed, try checking for a similar shift at a different location!
- Read over the position description and the 2018 Volunteer Waiver, which you’ll sign upon check-in for your shift.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive an email immediately to the email address you provided. Make sure you provide us with your most-used email address!
- Questions? Send us a note at [email protected]
Please note that we’ll be adding and updating shifts up until the festival to meet the needs of Mile of Music. The time listed on your shift may not be final, but we will notify you if we make changes.
Thank you for your time and support in becoming a Mile 6 Volunteer!