Please enter a different email address, or use the forgot my password link to retrieve your password.
Please try entering your information again, or use the forgot my password link to retrieve your password.
Please Log In or Sign Up to access that portion of 'My Mile'
Concerts in the Courtyard, the Mile of Music-produced 14-week outdoor summer music series, will return to the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley Courtyard in Downtown Appleton beginning May 29 with shows slated every Wednesday early evening through August 28. With just a few exceptions, the artists headlining the series will be alumni of past Mile of Music festivals.
The popular concert series, which is free and open to all ages, will kick off with The Brothers Footman (Indianapolis, IN), a favorite five-piece band from Mile 6 and 2018’s New Year’s Encore Eve, with special guest opener (and fellow Mile of Music alumna) Kari Arnett (Madison, WI and Nashville, TN).
Concerts in the Courtyard is marking its fifth summer in Downtown Appleton, with Bayland Buildings and Renewal by Andersen from Tundraland serving as co-presenting sponsors. The Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley serves as host and hospitality sponsor for the series, with WHBY Radio as promotional partner.
The Red Lion Courtyard will open for seating on Wednesday nights starting at 5 p.m. Music will start at 5:30 p.m. and end around 7:30 p.m. Shows move inside if there are weather issues.
The headliners have been set for each Wednesday between May 29 and Aug. 28. Only a handful of special guest, opening act slots are unfilled. Most of the artists playing the Courtyard series this summer are what Mile of Music terms “bring ‘em back artists,” meaning performers who have played at least one of The Mile festivals. Here’s the lineup for this summer:
· May 29: The Brothers Footman (Indianapolis) with special guest opener Kari Arnett (Madison, WI)
· June 5: Quiet Hollers (Louisville) with special guest opener Christopher Gold (Appleton)
· June 12: Beth Kille Band (Madison, WI) with special guest opener Natural Satellite (Menasha)
· June 19: The Crane Wives (Grand Rapids, MI) with special guest opener Adam Lee (Chicago)
· June 26: Babe Club (Charleston, SC) with co-headliner The High Divers (Charleston, SC)
· July 3: Próxima Parada (San Luis Obispo, CA); special guest opener TBA
· July 10: Hannah Wicklund & The Steppin Stones (Los Angeles); no opener
· July 17: Smooth Hound Smith (East Nashville); no opener
· July 24: Jackie Venson (Austin, TX) with special guest opener Gabe Burdulis (Nashville)
· July 31: Me Like Bees (Joplin, MO) with special guest opener Seth Anderson (Canmore, Alberta, CA)
· August 7: Brother Elsey (Grand Rapids, MI) with special guest opener Auralai (Oshkosh)
· August 14: The Gentleman’s Anti-Temperance League (Minneapolis); special guest TBA
· August 21: Ruben (Stillwater, MN); special guest TBA
· August 28: Phillip-Michael Scales (full band; Chicago) with special guest opener Nikki Morgan (Greensboro, NC)
Seating at the Courtyard is on a first-come, first-served basis. Cash bar and food are available through the hotel at each show.
For full information on the series and the lineup, visit our Concerts in the Courtyard page here.
Leave a Reply