Join our Band of Volunteers at Mile 7!
Posted Jul 8, 2019
Love music, and making a difference in your community?
We’re looking for YOU to become a volunteer at Mile 7! Our signup page is officially open, and you can register to volunteer right here.
In just 40 days, 200+ artists will be in Downtown Appleton to perform 900 sets throughout 60 of our great local venues! We are looking for folks who are excited to show what our Downtown and community can offer to artists/bands and the many visitors who are coming from across the state, Midwest, and nation to experience Mile of Music!
Each year, more than 400 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. We are always in search of friendly, energetic and hard-working individuals to fill a variety of fun and important volunteer roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly, and we want this to be YOU!
KEY INFO FOR 2019:
- Country Financial has again hopped on the bandwagon to help us up our volunteer game for 2019! Thanks to their support, you’ll receive a quality volunteer t-shirt (we know you love them!), a special volunteer identification badge to be worn during your shift, a post-festival concert thanking volunteers (mark your calendars for August 7), a special volunteer lounge at the Mile of Music HQ with food, drinks and a place to cool off, and more perks to be announced! Thank you to Country Financial for supporting the music (and volunteer) movement at Mile of Music.
- Due to reported issues in the past, drinking alcohol is not tolerated during Mile of Music volunteer shifts.
- We will be holding an online volunteer orientation via Facebook Live in addition to our in-person orientation! This will allow you to ask questions online, view an archived video after the orientation and more!
- We have also created a Facebook group exclusively for volunteers! Click here to apply to join!
- The in-person volunteer orientation will be held on the evening of July 23 (time TBA). at the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley. All volunteer orientations (in-person and online) will include Q&A time, information from the Appleton Police Department, and more! These are not mandatory, but encouraged, especially for new volunteers!
- All shifts are between 4-6 hours, with no shifts exceeding 6 hours!
- Additional shifts will go live the week of June 24, such as beverage sales and Jones and Houdini!
- You must register by Monday, July 1 to guarantee a t-shirt in your preferred size!
2019 Volunteer Perks
- Access to the new volunteer lounge at the Mile of Music HQ (Fox Cities Performing Arts Center) during the festival. Thanks to Country Financial for this awesome opportunity! More details to come.
- A Volunteer Appreciation Evening will be held on Wednesday, August 7 in conjunction with Concerts in the Courtyard. It’ll be our chance to say “thank you” in-person! Additional details to come, but mark your calendar for that evening from 5-8 p.m.
- A cool, fun volunteer t-shirt for you to wear during your shift and then keep as a souvenir!
- More perks to be announced soon!
View our full volunteer page for more information!
Have a question? Send us a message on Facebook or email [email protected]