After all the uncertainties and ups and downs of the past 16 months, we’re pleased to announce that 2021 Music-Makers Subscriptions are ON SALE NOW
as part of the Going the Extra Mile for The Mile public support campaign! Becoming a Music-Maker is one of several opportunities available for fans of The Mile, original music fans and community or downtown advocates to sponsor and support Mile 8 within the 30-day extra-mile funding campaign. Many of you have been eagerly awaiting the opportunity to purchase your Music-Makers Subscription, and we are so grateful for that.
We want you to know that your patience, support and, quite frankly, your perseverance throughout the lost year from a Music-Makers-experience perspective is appreciated beyond words. To all of you who opted to contribute your 2020 subscription cost, carried it over to 2021, or chose the one-third option, your willingness to work with us has bolstered our spirit and given us that extra bounce in our bounce back. So, thank you. (By the way, if you were a 2020 Music-Maker, you’ll receive an email from us reminding you what you chose to do with your subscription last year!)
The Mile Team greatly appreciates what Music-Makers have meant to the original music movement in Appleton, Wisconsin, which began in 2013. As a legion of several hundred local music fans each year, Music-Makers have helped to transform the music scene in our community into one of exploration, discovery and remarkable experiences, and we are extremely grateful!
Purchasing a 2021 Music-Makers Subscription
is a helpful way for individuals to support the original music movement throughout the year. Along with corporate sponsors, ticket purchasers and in-kind supporters, Music-Makers make up the overall support base that is critical to the progress made in such a short time in establishing Appleton as a music destination for talented artists from across the country!
Despite the challenges of 2020 and 2021, we believe Music-Makers are still very much a key to our success for many reasons. In fact, we hope current and past Music-Makers will help us grow the ranks of Music-Makers by sharing the opportunity with others. With several factors in mind, we’ve lowered the price for 2021 Music-Makers support to $100 as we all look to getting back in the groove for the second half of the year, including Mile 8 (August 5-8) and extra Mile events outside of the Festival (Rhythms & Brews, Mile Presents, etc.).
Here is a rundown of some of the appreciation perks we’ve lined up for the remainder of 2021 and Mile 8 (Festival).
- DESIGNATION AS A 2021 MUSIC-MAKER for 2021, acknowledging your support of the original, live music movement.
- DISCOUNTED TICKETS during the second half of 2021, including, but not limited to, the following: half-price ticket discount for the return of New Year’s Encore Eve; ticket discounts for Mile Presents shows at either PAC, OuterEdge Stage, Grand Ballroom, Gibson Community Music Hall, or other Downtown Appleton venues.
- CLAIM-A-SEAT/FIRST ENTRY into The Listening Room at Gibson Community Music Hall each Wednesday for the popular Rhythms & Brews series of craft concerts (2021 Show Dates: Oct. 6 thru Dec. 29).
- FIRST-TO-KNOW STATUS on select Mile of Music Presents events year-round, and the first to receive Mile 8 lineup updates and festival schedule.
- EXCLUSIVE EMAIL CONTENT including Mile alumni news, artist song and video releases, Rhythms & Brews notifications, and festival and concert updates year-round.
- EXCLUSIVE MUSIC-MAKERS FACEBOOK GROUP for information on upcoming shows, ticket/discount reminders, community building and more content to be shared throughout the year! This is a closed group, so only registered Music-Makers can access the information shared, including surprises throughout the year. Once you purchase your Subscription, click here to join!
- 2021 BONUS ITEM: AS NOTED, MUSIC-MAKERS WILL RECEIVE A 50% DISCOUNT ON TICKETS TO NEW YEAR’S ENCORE EVE!
- 2021 BONUS ITEM: FREE ADMISSION TO ONE OF SEVERAL MUSIC-MAKER MONDAYS EVENTS THIS FALL AT GIBSON COMMUNITY MUSIC HALL HOSTED BY MILE ALUMS AND FEATURING LIVE MUSIC AND VINYL.
MILE 8 FESTIVAL-SPECIFIC PERKS for Music-Makers include, but are not limited to:
- EXCLUSIVE MUSIC-MAKERS “MERCH PACK” featuring these one-of-a-kind items:
- Souvenir t-shirt (exclusively designed for Music-Makers). Please select your t-shirt size for each subscription upon registration! Your t-shirt will be ready for pickup during Mile Week 2021 (Aug. 2-8).
- Souvenir limited edition poster (available only to 2021 Music-Makers)
- Souvenir “koozie” exclusive to Music-Makers
- Souvenir Mile of Music sticker
- PLUS: $5 merchandise discount for use on any Mile 8 merchandise purchase of $20 or more
- ACCESS TO THE FIRST SONGS KICKOFF CONCERT on the eve of the festival (Wednesday night of Mile Week – Aug. 4, 2021), available exclusively to Music-Makers, festival sponsors and other festival supporters. For 2021 only, to be held in Jones Park, weather permitting.
- MILE 8 FESTIVAL MUSIC-MAKERS BADGE/LANYARD (to be picked up at Festival Headquarters during Mile Week, Aug. 2-8) which can be used to proudly show your status as an individual sponsor of the free, four-day original music celebration (as well as allow you access to any Music-Maker exclusive or priority access events and spaces).
- FIRST ACCESS TO THE ALL-SEATED (NEW!), ALL-LISTENING SHOWCASES AT THE OUTEREDGE STAGE: Some of the best listening shows of the festival will now be at the OuterEdge Stage! At all times during the festival, OuterEdge will be an all-seated, all-listening venue with Music-Makers and Sponsors having first access to its 200 seats.
- EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE MUSIC-MAKERS LOUNGE at the Mile Headquarters, which will again be a comfortable space for Music-Makers to rest their feet while enjoying complimentary light food, snacks, treats, Stone Arch root beer, water and more.
- Special Note: A Song Before We Go will again take place on Sunday of The Mile, but for Mile 8 only it will be held in Jones Park, not the LU Chapel. It will return to the Chapel in 2022.