As we gear up for a truly meaningful remainder of 2022 and a special Mile 9, we’re pleased to announce that 2022 Music-Makers Subscriptions are ON SALE NOW. Becoming a Music-Maker is one of several opportunities available for fans of The Mile, original music fans and community or downtown advocates to sponsor and support Mile 9 and The Mile original music initiative overall.
Thank you for all you’ve done to support the original music movement since its launch in 2013 – and especially for your patience, encouragement and perseverance throughout the past two-plus years.
As we noted last year, we are so appreciative of what Music-Makers have meant to the original music movement in Appleton. Music-Makers have helped to transform the music scene in our community into one of exploration, discovery and remarkable experiences, and we are extremely grateful!
Purchasing a 2022 Music-Makers Subscription is a helpful way for individuals to support the original music movement throughout the year. Along with corporate sponsors, ticket purchasers and in-kind supporters, Music-Makers make up a key support base that is critical to the progress made in such a short time in establishing Appleton as a music destination for talented artists from across the country!
EVEN WITH ALL THE CHALLENGES OF THE PAST TWO YEARS, MUSIC-MAKERS AND SPONSORS ARE VERY MUCH A KEY TO OUR SUCCESS FOR MANY REASONS. IN FACT, WE HOPE CURRENT AND PAST MUSIC-MAKERS WILL HELP US GROW THE RANKS OF MUSIC-MAKERS BY SHARING THE OPPORTUNITY WITH OTHERS. THIS YEAR, AS WE GET FULLY ROLLING AGAIN, WE’RE EXTENDING THE 2022 SUBSCRIPTION THROUGH FEBRUARY 2023, WHICH WILL ENCOMPASS SOME COOL STUFF WE ARE WORKING ON FOR JANUARY/FEBRUARY OF NEXT YEAR.
Music-Makers Subscriptions are $150 (plus tax/fees) per subscription.
HERE IS A RUNDOWN OF SOME OF THE APPRECIATION PERKS WE’VE LINED UP FOR 2022 AND THE MILE 9 FESTIVAL:
- DESIGNATION AS A 2022 MUSIC-MAKER, acknowledging your support of the original, live music movement. (Note: The 2022 Subscription will continue through February 28, 2023.)
- DISCOUNTED TICKETS for special Mile of Music Presents shows and events, including New Year’s Encore Eve at the Paper Valley Hotel Grand Ballroom and numerous shows at Gibson Community Music Hall. In 2022, special access (free or discounted for Music-Makers will include new shows such as “Writers’ Night” and “Tribute Nights” along with other surprises.
- ADVANCE SEAT RESERVATION for the return of Concerts in the Courtyard in the summer of 2022 at the outdoor stage at the Paper Valley Hotel. Preliminary schedule is Wednesday evenings, June 1-August 31.
- CLAIM-A-SEAT/FREE ENTRY into The Listening Room at Gibson Community Music Hall each Wednesday for the Rhythms & Brews series of craft concerts. 2022 Music-Makers receive free admission (versus $5 fee for the general public) for the November 2-February 22 showcases as part of the 2022 Subscription.
- FIRST-TO-KNOW STATUS on select Mile of Music/Mile of Music Presents events year-round, and the first to receive Mile 9 lineup updates and festival schedule.
- EXCLUSIVE EMAIL CONTENT including Mile alumni news, artist song and video releases, Concerts in the Courtyard and Rhythms & Brews notifications, and festival and concert updates year-round.
- EXCLUSIVE MUSIC-MAKERS FACEBOOK GROUP for information on upcoming shows, ticket/discount reminders, community building and more content to be shared throughout the year! This is a closed group, so only registered Music-Makers can access the information shared, including surprises throughout the year. Once you purchase your Subscription, click here to join!
- 2022 BONUS ITEM: Exclusive promo code for 10% off of merchandise purchases in our online shop and at pop-up events.
- You’ll also receive a link to shop our Mile 9 merch and future collections before we release to the public.
- 2022 BONUS ITEM: A new, exclusive Music-Makers event – “Music-Makers Monday Mixers” – at Gibson where we mix live performance with curated vinyl spins from our Mile of Music alumni.MILE 9 FESTIVAL-SPECIFIC PERKS for Music-Makers include, but are not limited to:
- EXCLUSIVE MUSIC-MAKERS “MERCH PACK” featuring one-of-a-kind items exclusively for 2022 Music-Makers Subscribers
- ACCESS TO THE FIRST SONGS KICKOFF CONCERT on the eve of the festival (Wednesday night of Mile Week – Aug. 3, 2022), available exclusively to Music-Makers, festival sponsors and other festival supporters. For 2022, we will be back at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center for the special vibe we all love at First Songs!
- MILE 9 FESTIVAL MUSIC-MAKERS BADGE/LANYARD (to be picked up at Festival Headquarters during Mile Week, August 1-7) which can be used to proudly show your status as an individual sponsor of the free, four-day original music celebration, as well as allow you access to Music-Maker exclusive or priority access events and spaces.
- EXCLUSIVE ACCESS TO THE MUSIC-MAKERS LOUNGE at the Mile Headquarters, which will again be a comfortable space for Music-Makers to rest their feet while enjoying complimentary light food, snacks, treats, Stone Arch root beer, water and more).
- PRIORITY ACCESS for Music-Makers/Badge-holders for all listening-room shows during Mile 9 at the Lawrence Memorial Chapel and Lawrence Harper Hall (new venue).
- TWO EXCLUSIVE Badge-holder Showcases at the outdoor Courtyard Stage at the Paper Valley Hotel – one on Friday afternoon and one on Saturday afternoon. Each high-energy showcase will feature a top band from the festival. (Courtyard will have limited, first-come, first-served capacity).
- EXCLUSIVE FIRST-ACCESS TO A SONG BEFORE WE GO on Sunday, August 7.
- Special note: We currently anticipate that A Song Before We Go will return to the Lawrence Memorial Chapel on Sunday, August 7. This decision will be based summer protocol at Lawrence University and will be communicated to Music-Makers in early summer.
- All sales are final for all tickets and Music-Makers Subscriptions to the Mile of Music Festival – and Mile of Music Presents events. No refunds or exchanges.
- All tickets and Festival Badges are transferable, so share the vibe by giving them to another music-lover if you can’t attend.
- Artist lineups are subject to change without notice, and cancellations, substitutions, postponements, or rescheduling by or of artists is not grounds for a refund. We cannot guarantee replacing lost or stolen tickets or Festival Badges.
- Except where noted, Music-Makers Badges do not guarantee admittance to events where capacities are limited.
ADDITIONAL TICKET INFORMATION
- Mile of Music and Mile of Music Presents events are, unless otherwise noted, rain or shine events.
- Ticket- or Badge-user bears all risks of personal injury incidental to the event, whether occurring before, during or after the event.
- Ticket- or Badge-user bears all risks, including cancellation of the event, or any parts of the event, due to inclement or dangerous weather, Acts of God, or other reasons. Mile of Music, Mile of Music Presents and Willems Marketing & Events reserve the right to cancel the event, or any parts of the event, in circumstances the management team deems unsafe for ticket or badge-holders or performing artists. In the case of such a cancellation or partial cancellation, tickets or Badges will not be refunded.
- Ticket- or Badge-user grants permission to Mile of Music, Mile of Music Presents and Willems Marketing & Events to use his/her image or likeness incidental to any photo/video display, transmission or recording of the event.
- Management and organizers reserve the right, without the refund of any portion of the ticket/Badge purchase price, to refuse admission or to eject any person who fails to comply with the rules of the venues, local, state or federal law, or whose conduct is deemed illegal, disorderly, or offensive by management/organizers. · Please view Mile of Music’s full Vision of Respect.
MILE OF MUSIC ARTIST & SCHEDULE DISCLAIMER
- The Mile of Music Festival is a handcrafted artisan festival showcasing original artists and their original music. It’s a “cover-free zone!” With many live music sets being scheduled, please understand that there may be changes to the lineups as things evolve for bands and performers leading up to the festival, and that all artist lineups are subject to change. Coordination team members will keep you informed of any changes as they occur, and reserve the right to substitute artists to complete lineups or to perform where other artists have had to cancel or rearrange their performance dates and times. As a music festival fan we sincerely appreciate your understanding of this possibility as our festival continues to evolve.
MILE OF MUSIC LIMITED CAPACITY DISCLAIMER
- All venues have limited capacities. Admittance to performances is at the discretion of each venue and is on a first-come, first-served basis as the capacity for each venue allows. Please note that not ALL venues are all-ages.
Mile of Music is produced for the community by Willems Marketing & Events.