Each year, more than 400 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. We are always in search of friendly, energetic and hard-working individuals to fill a variety of fun and important volunteer roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly.
See you next year for Mile of Music: August 5-8, 2021.
Mile 8 in 2020 has been canceled. Read our statement here.
Registration for Mile 8 will open in Spring 2021!
Interested in large-group volunteer opportunities? Email [email protected] so we can get in touch with you!
Mile of Music Volunteer Sign-Up Steps:
Here are the steps to sign up to be a volunteer with Mile of Music!
- Click here to begin registration!
- Once on the registration page, you can browse openings by Job, Location, Date and Calendar by using the navigation tool in the upper righthand hand corner.
- To view the description, click “see description” next to the title and location for each job!
- Click the specific shift(s) for the job(s) you are interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the brief, but required registration information.
- If you are looking to volunteer with someone, look for positions with 2+ spots available. You will need to register separately so we have the proper contact info and t-shirt size.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive a confirmation email with your shift information to the email you provided.
- Questions? Please email [email protected].
Mile 7 Volunteer Policies:
- Due to reported issues at past festivals, drinking (alcohol) is not tolerated during volunteer shifts.
- Your volunteer t-shirt must be worn during shifts, but should not be worn after shifts. Please bring an extra t-shirt for after your shift!
- You are welcome to bring a portable snack to your shift!
- Dress comfortably/for the weather during your shift. Comfortable shoes will make all the difference!
- Please arrive for your shift 15 MINUTES EARLY so you can orient yourself to the role you are taking over.
- Remember: You are the face of Mile of Music for many attendees! Smile, be kind, be courteous and most of all, HAVE FUN!
Mile 7 (2019) Volunteer Roles*:
*Roles are subject to change.
- Artist Merchandise Store (NEW for 2019)
- Beverage Sales (21+)
- Festival HQ: Artist Check-In
- Festival HQ: Music-Makers Check-In
- Festival HQ: Volunteer Check-In
- Festival HQ: General Info Table
- Mile of Music Merchandise Sales
- Main Stage Artist/Stage Lead
- Main Stage Bar Lead
- Main Stage Volunteer
- Music-Makers Lounge Volunteer
- Mile of Music Bus
- Main Stage Perimeter
Registration for Mile of Music in 2021 will open in spring!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mile of Music!
We truly couldn’t do it without YOU!
Thank you to the following organizations who have helped us fill our most crucial volunteer shifts for 2019!
Interested in being on our volunteer list for year-round events? Send a message to [email protected].