Each year, more than 400 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. We are always in search of friendly, energetic and hard-working individuals to fill a variety of fun and important volunteer roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly.
Registration for Mile 7 is open now! Sign up today.
We are looking for folks who are excited to show what our Downtown and community can offer to artists/bands and the many visitors who are coming from across the state, Midwest, and nation to experience Mile of Music!
Interested in large-group volunteer opportunities during Mile 7 (2019)? Email [email protected] so we can get in touch with you!
Country Financial is the official volunteer sponsor of Mile 7 (2019)! Thanks to Country Financial for supporting the music (and volunteer) movement at Mile 7!
For Mile 7, we are most in need of the following positions:
- Beverage Sales (Must be 21+)
- Perimeter Volunteers (Main Stages)
- Main Stage Positions (Artist/Stage Lead, Bar Lead)
- Merchandise Sales
Mile of Music Volunteer Sign-Up Steps:
Here are the steps to sign up to be a volunteer with Mile of Music!
- Click here to begin registration!
- Once on the registration page, you can browse jobs by Job, Location, Date and Calendar by using the navigation tool in the upper right hand corner.
- To view the description, click “see description” next to the title and location for each job!
- Click the specific shift(s) for the job(s) you are interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the brief, but required registration information.
- If you are looking to volunteer with someone, look for positions with 2+ spots available. You will need to register separately so we have the proper contact info and t-shirt size.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive a confirmation email with your shift information to the email you provided.
- Questions? Please email [email protected].
Perks for Mile 7 Volunteers:
- Access to Country Financial’s new Volunteer Lounge located at the Fox Cities Performing Arts Center, which will have food, drinks and private bathrooms reserved for volunteers! More details to come.
- A Volunteer Appreciation Evening to be held on Wednesday, August 7 in conjunction with Concerts in the Courtyard at the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley! It’ll be our chance to say “thank you” in person. More details to come, but mark your calendar from 5-8 p.m. that evening!
- A cool, fun t-shirt for you to wear during your shift and then keep as a souvenir!
- To guarantee your t-shirt size, please register by July 1! After this, you will still get a shirt, but we can’t guarantee any sizes.
- More perks to be finalized and announced soon!
Mile 7 Volunteer Policies:
- Due to reported issues at past festivals, drinking (alcohol) is not tolerated during volunteer shifts.
- Your volunteer t-shirt must be worn during shifts, but should not be worn after shifts. Please bring an extra t-shirt for after your shift! If you need a place to change after your shift, visit the Volunteer Lounge at HQ, thanks to Country Financial. There will be private restrooms located near the lounge.
- You are welcome to bring a portable snack to your shift! NEW FOR 2019: Be sure to visit the Volunteer Lounge for a bite to each before or after your shift, thanks to Country Financial. More details to come.
- Dress comfortably/for the weather during your shift. Comfortable shoes will make all the difference!
- Please arrive for your shift 15 MINUTES EARLY so you can orient yourself to the role you are taking over.
- Remember: You are the face of Mile of Music for many attendees! Smile, be kind, be courteous and most of all, HAVE FUN!
Mile 7 (2019) Volunteer Roles*:
*Roles are subject to change.
- Artist Merchandise Store (NEW for 2019)
- Beverage Sales (21+)
- Festival HQ: Artist Check-In
- Festival HQ: Music-Makers Check-In
- Festival HQ: Volunteer Check-In
- Festival HQ: General Info Table
- Mile of Music Merchandise Sales
- Main Stage Artist/Stage Lead
- Main Stage Bar Lead
- Main Stage Volunteer
- Music-Makers Lounge Volunteer
- Mile of Music Bus
- Main Stage Perimeter
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mile of Music!
We truly couldn’t do it without YOU!
Interested in being on our volunteer list for year-round events? Send a message to [email protected].