Each year, more than 350 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. For Mile 5, we are searching for friendly, energetic and hard-working volunteers to fill a variety of fun and important roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly. Review the Mile 5 volunteer role descriptions below and schedule your shifts today! We can’t wait to have you on board!
NEW FOR 2017:
Thanks to volunteer feedback, we’ve chosen to manage shifts through a new website – VolunteerLocal.com – for Mile 5. Here are the steps:
- Click HERE to begin registration.
- Once on the registration page, you can browse jobs by Job, Location, Date and Calendar by using the navigation tool in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the specific shift(s) for the job(s) you are interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the brief, but required registration information.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive a confirmation email with your shift information to the email you provided.
- Questions? Please email [email protected].
How Does Volunteering Work?:
We are looking for folks who are excited to show what our Downtown and community can offer to artists/bands and the many visitors who are coming from across the state, Midwest, and nation to experience Mile of Music. If you are looking to volunteer with someone, look for positions with 2+ spots available. You will need to register separately so we have the proper contact info and t-shirt size.
Mile 5 Volunteer Role Descriptions*:
*Check out the full list of role descriptions HERE.
- Pre-Festival Preparation & Post-Festival Takedown
- Team Lead (formerly Block Captain) (21+ for some venues)
- Stage Manager (Main Stages)
- Venue Lead (21+ for some venues)
- Beverage Sales (Must be 21+)
- Mile of Music Merchandise Sales
- Festival Headquarters & Artist Lounge
- Shifts will be added and updated throughout the spring and summer.
- The time listed on your shift selection may not be final. We will notify you with changes as soon as we have them.
- Mile of Music volunteers will be provided an exclusive Mile 5 volunteer t-shirt and identification badge noting your important role in the festival.
- After Mile 5 volunteers successfully complete their shift(s), an invitation to the exclusive Mile of Music Volunteer Thank You party will be sent out.
- The shifts listed as of May 31, 2017 are our highest priority to make the music happen. Please stay tuned for additional shifts and volunteer job listings.