Each year, more than 400 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. We are always in search of friendly, energetic and hard-working individuals to fill a variety of fun and important volunteer roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly.
Mile 7 “Thank YOU” to Volunteers from Kim (Mile 7 volunteer coordinator):
“THANK YOU for helping to make this our best Mile yet!
You help this festival run smoothly in ways that I (and my team) simply cannot do all by ourselves. You are everywhere we can’t be, seeing things we wouldn’t otherwise see. You stepped up to the plate when we needed it most, and it truly felt like a community effort. We say it all the time, but we truly couldn’t do this festival without you…all 500+ of you!
Thank you to Travis and his team from Country Financial for their support of this year’s volunteer efforts. We hope you felt the love from Country Financial! The new volunteer lounge was awesome and I hope you were all able to come up and say hello while enjoying some grub! We are excited to see where our relationship with Country Financial can go and love working with their team! (Thanks to the Fox Cities PAC for hosting HQ for the weekend – including the volunteer lounge!)
A special shoutout to Gregg and Tracey and our street captains, who all helped SO much with group volunteer recruitment, fielding phone calls and text messages and so much more!
Another special shoutout to all of our venue managers (Jen & Jay, Greg & Brian, Bob, Julie and Ann, as well as the College Ave bar staff) for taking time away from their families to help us out! I know it’s not always easy, but I hope it was fun!
I could probably make this 70,000 paragraphs long with all the thank you’s…but thank you also to Cyndi & Melissa for helping us out immensely before hand. They helped stuff volunteer & Music-Maker bags, organized and folded merch, dropped signage off and SO much more. And to Cindy, Jayme and Denise for showing the artists hospitality all weekend long in the Artist Lounge!
Thank you all so, so much. See you next year for Mile 8: July 30-August 2!“
Registration for Mile 8 will open in Spring 2020!
We are looking for folks who are excited to show what our Downtown and community can offer to artists/bands and the many visitors who are coming from across the state, Midwest, and nation to experience Mile of Music!
Interested in large-group volunteer opportunities? Email [email protected] so we can get in touch with you!
Country Financial is the official volunteer sponsor of Mile 7 (2019)! Thanks to Country Financial for supporting the music (and volunteer) movement.
Mile of Music Volunteer Sign-Up Steps:
Here are the steps to sign up to be a volunteer with Mile of Music!
- Click here to begin registration!
- Once on the registration page, you can browse openings by Job, Location, Date and Calendar by using the navigation tool in the upper righthand hand corner.
- To view the description, click “see description” next to the title and location for each job!
- Click the specific shift(s) for the job(s) you are interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the brief, but required registration information.
- If you are looking to volunteer with someone, look for positions with 2+ spots available. You will need to register separately so we have the proper contact info and t-shirt size.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive a confirmation email with your shift information to the email you provided.
- Questions? Please email [email protected].
Mile 7 Volunteer Policies:
- Due to reported issues at past festivals, drinking (alcohol) is not tolerated during volunteer shifts.
- Your volunteer t-shirt must be worn during shifts, but should not be worn after shifts. Please bring an extra t-shirt for after your shift! If you need a place to change after your shift, visit the Volunteer Lounge at HQ, thanks to Country Financial. There will be private restrooms located near the lounge.
- You are welcome to bring a portable snack to your shift! NEW FOR 2019: Be sure to visit the Volunteer Lounge for a bite to each before or after your shift, thanks to Country Financial. More details to come.
- Dress comfortably/for the weather during your shift. Comfortable shoes will make all the difference!
- Please arrive for your shift 15 MINUTES EARLY so you can orient yourself to the role you are taking over.
- Remember: You are the face of Mile of Music for many attendees! Smile, be kind, be courteous and most of all, HAVE FUN!
Mile 7 (2019) Volunteer Roles*:
*Roles are subject to change.
- Artist Merchandise Store (NEW for 2019)
- Beverage Sales (21+)
- Festival HQ: Artist Check-In
- Festival HQ: Music-Makers Check-In
- Festival HQ: Volunteer Check-In
- Festival HQ: General Info Table
- Mile of Music Merchandise Sales
- Main Stage Artist/Stage Lead
- Main Stage Bar Lead
- Main Stage Volunteer
- Music-Makers Lounge Volunteer
- Mile of Music Bus
- Main Stage Perimeter
Registration for Mile 8 (2020) will open in spring!
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at Mile of Music!
We truly couldn’t do it without YOU!
Thank you to the following organizations who have helped us fill our most crucial volunteer shifts for 2019!
Interested in being on our volunteer list for year-round events? Send a message to [email protected].