Each year, more than 400 music-loving volunteers Help Make The Music Happen at Mile of Music. For Mile 6, we are in search of friendly, energetic and hard-working individuals to fill a variety of fun and important volunteer roles aimed at ensuring the festival runs smoothly. REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN FOR MILE 6 – CLICK HERE!
Country Financial is this year’s official volunteer sponsor! Thanks in part to their support, volunteers will receive a quality t-shirt, identification badge, post-festival appreciation concert and more! Thanks to Country Financial for supporting the music (and volunteer) movement at Mile 6!
Volunteer orientation will be held on Tuesday, July 24 at the Red Lion Hotel Paper Valley in Downtown Appleton. Orientation will take place in the Lawrence Room at 6:30 p.m. on July 24. NEW FOR 2018: An online orientation will be held in our Facebook group on Thursday, July 26 at 5:30 p.m. This session will be archived & questions can be asked live during the session!
Mile 6 Volunteer Sign-Up Steps:
Here are the steps to sign up to be a Mile 6 Volunteer!
- Click HERE to begin registration.
- Once on the registration page, you can browse jobs by Job, Location, Date and Calendar by using the navigation tool in the upper right hand corner.
- Click the specific shift(s) for the job(s) you are interested in and scroll to the bottom of the page to fill out the brief, but required registration information.
- Click “Complete Registration Here” to confirm your registration. You should receive a confirmation email with your shift information to the email you provided.
- Questions? Please email [email protected].
How Does Volunteering Work?:
We are looking for folks who are excited to show what our Downtown and community can offer to artists/bands and the many visitors who are coming from across the state, Midwest, and nation to experience Mile of Music. If you are looking to volunteer with someone, look for positions with 2+ spots available. You will need to register separately so we have the proper contact info and t-shirt size.
Mile 6 Volunteer Roles*:
*Roles are subject to change. Updated descriptions can be found HERE! (Updated 7-28-18)
- Pre-Festival Preparation & Post-Festival Takedown
- Venue/Artist Support (Mid-Sized Venues)
- Main Stage Lead (Must be 21+)
- Main Stage Bar Lead (Must be 21+)
- Main Stage Beverage Sales (Must be 21+)
- Mile of Music Merchandise Sales
- Festival Headquarters – Information Tables
- Mile of Music Bus
- Main Stage Perimeter
Important Volunteer Information:
- The time listed on your shift selection may not be final. We will notify you with changes as soon as we have them.
- Check-in (which includes t-shirt pickup) will take place at the Fox Cities PAC (Mile of Music HQ) during Mile Week between July 30 and August 5. Check in, receive your t-shirt and sign your waiver at the following times!
–Monday, July 30 & Tuesday, July 31: 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
–Wednesday, August 1 through Saturday, August 4: 10 a.m. to 10 p.m.
–Sunday, August 5: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Mile of Music volunteers will be provided an exclusive Mile 6 volunteer t-shirt (while supplies remain) and identification badge noting your important role in the festival.
- Due to reported issues at Mile 5, drinking will not be allowed during volunteer shifts at Mile 6.